First Flight Feeling
Do you remember your first flight; The freedom, The solitude, The adventure?
Epic Eagle allows you to experience the beauty and exhilaration of flight without the distractions by giving you critical flight and navigation information without taking your eyes off visual viewpoints.
The Next Big Improvement in General Aviation Safety
The ease and sophistication of flying has changed significantly in the last few years. From steam gauges to glass cockpits to the next generation of aviation: The Epic Eagle HUD. The benefits of flying with a HUD is similar to the revolution in improved Situational Awareness (SA) as it is to flying an aircraft with “steam” gauges to a glass cockpit.
The Eagle provides visually enhanced flight information without forcing you to bring your eyes down into the cockpit; keeping you focused on what really matters. It brings the technology of military pilots to general aviation in a cost effective way. The Epic Eagle delivers color at amazing quality and brightness - a unique capability in the marketplace at an affordable price.
Head Up. Eyes Out.
Epic Eagle provides the ultimate in situational awareness to cockpits with high definition and full color:
The Epic Eagle benefits pilots by:
- Displaying critical safety of flight information in the pilot’s line-of-sight. This reduces the need to look down in the cockpit during important phases of flight.
- Improving situational awareness related to traffic, terrain, and other hazards throughout all phases of flight.
- Reducing potential vertigo by less head movement in IFR conditions.
- Providing early approach stabilization and visualization of intended point of landing.
ENGINEERED TO Improve Safety during all phases of flight
With aviation grade optical technology, Epic Eagle has been engineered to assist you in all flying conditions:
- Universal Interoperability. The Epic Eagle connects to any iOS or Android device to display navigation system information such as altitude, airspeed, vertical speed indicator, and angle-of-attack without requiring a pilot to constantly scan instruments. With appropriate hardware and software, the Epic Eagle will not only display typical flight data, but also instrument approach and glidepath data, airport information, traffic and hazard awareness—all in full color HD, right in front of your eyes. This one device will improve any pilot’s mastery of the air.
- Visual Flight Rules. The Eagle gives you the ability maintain a heads up and eyes out position throughout all VFR phases of flight. Basic flight information (e.g. altitude, airspeed and vertical speed) can be available for display at all times.
- Instrumental Flight Rules. Transitioning from heads up to heads down during IFR flight can create many potential problems. Epic Eagle eliminates the need for these transitions, keeping you up and out all the whole flight. In addition to basic flight information, navigation, approach & airport information are available along with glide slope and path. A velocity vector can be used to make instrument approaches to landing easier.
- Cruise. The Eagle can assist you in setting the best combination of angle-of-attack and power to maximize your fuel efficiency and speed while cruising
19.9cm x 32.45cm x 12.01cm
(7.8in x 12.8in x 4.7in)
Power & Components
Power supply operates from 12V-28V DC
Low Power Consumption <20W
Wi-Fi Screen mirroring (Android & iOS)
HDMI Input for Direct Video Connections
from Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and
Using universal or custom hardware
Ready to Fly in Minutes
1280x480 WXGA Cropped HD
> 20,000 nits
90mm x 25.4mm (3.5in x 1.0in)
FOV (Field of View)
13° in diagonal
0.45” WXGA TI DLP®
LED RGB Illumination
For flying in very bright and very dark environments